Wednesday, July 27, 2011

stupid Dell.

I'm never buying a Dell laptop again. this f'n thing won't connect with the Ubuntu drive again.. and I don't feel like messing with it anymore. the drive works with a frikin USB wireless dongle.. works with other computers with internal wireless. but not the internal wired or wireless with WiMax and all the other stupid connections this internal wireless card wants to have.

I shut down the laptop last night, and there was my mistake. wlan0 is now wlan1 for some reason.. it is active, the interfaces file I modified allows it to pick up the IP address and netmask that it's supposed to have.. but the wireless connection icon is gone, ya know, from up at the top next to the date and time.. completely gone. no clue wtf is happening.

tried setting boot order to Network first.. nope. this is really pissing me off.
gonna make the SD over again. back to using the live USB- nevermind.. that can't connect either.
     and now it does.. wtf is going on..

can't wait to sell this thing.

-
and good-bye Dell! replacement shall be ordered soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment