Tuesday, February 22, 2011

trying to figure this out

installing downloaded "programs"
Ubuntu Software Center reminds me of the repos on a jailbroken iDevice. you can install stuff, hooray. BUT when you download and extract, then what? the lack of setup.exe is throwin me.

modifying settings
-changing display brightness - keyboard buttons are wonky and don't work



Commentary:
I searched through the Ubuntu Software Center and finally found "Device Manager". what baffles me is through all the "noob" posts I've read through, learned users would say to open the Device Manager and the popular response was "I don't have Device manager, where is it?" not one person responded on where to go to download and install through Software Center. on the threads I read, anyway. I think that's just rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment