Friday, August 17, 2012

downgrade, root, CM G2

I'm not prepared to do this today, but it needs to be done soon- stock is pissing me off, I miss CM in a bad way. getting all my ducks in a row- will update as I actually get into it.

the replacement G2 came with Android 2.3.4 S-ON - therefore, I need to downgrade to Froyo before going through the root process:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1178912
this requires use of ADB and allows temp root access

to gain perm root access, S-OFF, install Clockwork- I will be using section 4.b when I get to that point:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Vision#Rooting_the_Vision_.28G2.2FDZ.29_and_DHD

from there, I should be able to use Clockwork to download and install CM. also, I saved my SD card from the hackedified G2 so I can reload Titanium back-up once I'm up and running again.


off-topic: interesting.. the One S can be rooted, S-OFF'd, CWM'd and the like without an sd card... cuz it doesn't have one.. love the dev community.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1604677


--
edit 8/26/12: took me 45 minutes max to downgrade and get the perm-root and whatnot. after that was all set, I shut down, took my SIM card out, booted up again and connected via WiFi:

- install ClockworkMod from the Market
- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
- under ROM Management, choose Download ROM
- I choose CyanogenMod and we're going right back to 7.2.0

aaahh.. this is *so* much better.. missed CM. loading certain apps w/data from Titanium Backup now.. yeay Jewels and Angry Birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment