I've had the Nexus 4 for about a year and a half.. getting direct OS updates from Google, running KitKat 4.4.4, still haven't rooted. I love straight up Google-iness and want to continue with my future devices.
now have my eye on the Nexus 5.. capable of running Android L beta, and will get the official update as far as I can tell, while my Nexus 4 probably will not. but.. I know I should wait until October when the next device is announced, and not jump the gun too soon-- on the other side, why not get the Nexus 5 now while it's on the cheap and available? TMobile has that Jump thing, so if I do want to upgrade after the new one comes out, I can without issue, so I might as well.
since TMobile will only give $85 for trade-in, and getting her a new lesser model would cost at least $120, Taryn will get he Nexus 4 whenever I do upgrade.. along with an otterbox-type case! poor kid is struggling with the Exhibit 4G- small screen and she can't play nearly a quarter of the games she wants- phone just can't handle it.
to get the Nexus 5 itself, about $30 from TMobile in shipping and sales tax, additional $16.50 added to the bill each month.. and about $30 from amazon in a new case for Taryn on the Nexus 4, and a case for my new Nexus 5. hey, I have $60!
I'm itching.. easy to make happen.. I think it's happening soon. like today.
and then I did it. yeay!