Thursday, February 16, 2012

goodbye HP

my poor, tired and clogged with dust HP Pavilion a1245c is officially being retired and gutted for parts:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
200GB HDD
3GB RAM
LightScribe DVD-RW (dead)
DVD-ROM
Media Bay (card readers dead, USB&Firewire dead)
Win7Pro32

the replacement.. I'm excited.. and it's a project, not just plug-n-play.. more satisfying that way, I think.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1922480 plus an amazon purchase:
MB w/HDMI (possible USB3.0)
AMD Phenom II X6
500GB HDD
8GB RAM
DVD-RW
DVD-ROM
Media Bay
Win7Pro64

everything is getting delivered this weekend.. a nice homework distraction, for sure.

I'll probably be in awe with how screaming fast it is compared to what I've been using. next purchase is a new monitor!

No comments:

Post a Comment